Wei,Xintao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am learning how to install and configure Galaxy on our computer cluster.
> Many third party tools, for example, bowtie, samtools, R and  so on, have to
> be installed and configured in order to install galaxy. Do I have to convert
> the third party tools to MPI version in order to run the tools on a computer
> cluster? Or do I just install the "regular" version of the tools on the
> "shared" folder of our cluster?

Hi Xintao,

I've moved this question over to the dev list since it concerns a local
installation.

You don't need to convert them to MPI, they run as serial jobs on a
single node.  Note that you can specify the number of cores to use in
the tool's config file, which you'll want to set for the nodes you're
running them on.

--nate