Here's one bad option for dealing with a bad requirement - at least it
requires no code changes...

1. create a new user called d...@where.ever.org for your Galaxy. Do
not require login in universe_wsgi.ini
2. edit welcome.html - invite visitors not wanting all the benefits of
an individual registration to login as user:d...@where.ever.org if
they want to run workflows
3. Add an extremely blunt disclaimer - although Galaxy will likely be
behaving 'correctly', unusual things will happen whenever 2 or more
users using the same account are banging away at the same history -
Individual registration is strongly recommended - register a free
account with a throw away email address - it's only for password
recovery.
Clearly registration is not mandatory - just sensible and free, so the
journal's off your back. Hope that demo account isn't multitasking too
often.