I completely agree it's a bit of an unfortunate requirement in this
case, but I'm not averse to (minor) code changes to achieve a more
polished user experience. Something like the best guess mechanism
Galaxy currently employs to recognize returning anonymous would be
fine, but I don't know where to look to disable the login requirement
to run workflows, or if that's at all possible.

Best regards,
Tim