SHAUN WEBB wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am interested in putting quotas in to effect on our local Galaxy
> server. From the admin page I can create a quota but this only seems
> to apply to disk space. I noticed on your test site you have quotas
> for concurrent jobs also. Have I missed how to set this or is this
> functionality not available in galaxy-dist yet?

Hi Shaun,

This functionality is not as configurable as it should be, but can be
set for all users site-wide with:

    user_job_limit = X

In the Galaxy config file.  I held off on adding it to the sample config
since the method to configure it is likely to change.

> 2 other issues:
>
> 1) My account says I am using "0 bytes" in the top right corner
> although my history displays 456mb of data?

Run galaxy-dist/scripts/set_user_disk_usage.py to populate these totals.

> 2) Are quotas set by default? I was able to create quotas before I
> had updated universe_wsgi.ini to include enable_quotas = True

They exist in the interface and database  but are ignored if
enable_quotas = False.

Thanks for trying them out!  I hope to have documentation for them this
week.

--nate