Dannon Baker wrote:
> The 'step' in question is the actual workflow step id, since ordering of
> steps in a workflow is flexible and might be changed without realizing it by
> moving steps around in the editor.  The easiest way to retrieve this
> identifier is to use the API and view the workflow in question.
>
> Here's an example of that output, using scripts/api/display.py
>
>       $ python display.py <my_api_key>
> http://localhost:8080/api/workflows/ebfb8f50c6abde6d
>       Member Information
>       ------------------
>       url: /api/workflows/ebfb8f50c6abde6d
>       inputs: {'16': {'value': '', 'label': 'Input Dataset'}}
>       id: ebfb8f50c6abde6d
>       name: Foo User's Workflow
>
> For inputs, you have a dictionary containing (in this case just one) the
> workflow steps, their labels, etc.  So, regarding the workflow_execute last
> argument, it's the step id from above, and the source is 'ldda', 'ld', or
> 'hda', depending on what you're using as an input.  For inputs you're pulling
> out of a history, use 'hda'.  The other options are for using datasets
> directly from data libraries.
>
> -Dannon
>
> On Sep 6, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Roxanne Tapia wrote:
>
> > I was trying to use the workflow_execute.py
> >
> > And I can't understand the last argument:
> >
> > usage: workflow_execute.py key url workflow_id history step=src=dataset_id
> >
> > So in  step=src=dataset_id
> > step:  I think equals the next step #in the history?
> > src: ???
> > dataset_id:   This has to be the dataset id from a data library which I can
> > get by using display.py to query libraries & contents of libraries. Right?

In addition to what Dannon said above, there's currently a confusing
difference with respect to the dataset_id.  This is most easily pulled
from the URL of a dataset in the library or history UI, rather than the
API.  For the details on why the ID in the API won't work, see this
thread from a couple weeks ago:

    http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2011-August/006310.html

We'll have a fix for this at some point.

--nate