On 09/14/2011 10:39 AM, Timothy Wu wrote:

//

Alternatively, I can just ask user to download from NCBI ftp themselves,
decompress them, and upload it to galaxy.

What's the best approach here?

How about: you download the data once, and then offer it as a 'data library' to your users. This way you avoid data duplication.

And I noticed that file types does not include genbank types nor gzip
types. Is there some generic type I could use? Just Data class?

We treat GenBank files as "txt". This works fine with the EMBOSS tools.

Regards, Hans

Timothy