It's easy to hard code in the ini but I want to be able to set the number of
processors as a parameter.

From: Glen Beane [mailto:glen.be...@jax.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:34 AM
To: Chorny, Ilya
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Passing the number of mpi processors to SGE from xml
file

On Sep 14, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Chorny, Ilya wrote:

Nate,

Any thoughts on how to do this? Can I add an xml tag that gets parsed and set's
" -PE mpi $NSLOTS" in the job template. Can you point me to where the xml get's
parsed?

Thanks,

Ilya

I'm not that familiar with SGE, but this would be pretty trivial with TORQUE
assuming a fixed number of MPI processes for the tool. No modifications to the
job template would be necessary:  tool specific job runner specifies number of
nodes/ppn or procs; mpiexec (built with TM support) launches appropriate number
of processes on all nodes assigned to job by TORQUE.