Thanks for the pointer Ross. It was really useful. I also found more information about multiple output datasets on the wiki: http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Multiple%20Output%20Files?highlight=%28dataset%29 I plan on writing a script that renames the output of the Grinder tool I am wrapping to a name that will work well with what Galaxy expects from multiple output datasets.
Best,
Florent