Hello -

I am a microbiologist and I am attempting to set up a a local instance of Galaxy. I'm very green with the Linux environment! So you will have to pardon a very naive question from a biologist...

I have installed VirtualBox on my PC and I am currently running Ubuntu Linux 11.04 (64 bit). I have downloaded the galaxy distribution from the mercurial repository and have executed the run.sh script. However, Galaxy fails to launch, and I get the following error message:

zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
Fetch failed.

Would anyone have a fix for this problem? I have tried installing zlibc using the following command:

sudo apt-get install zlibc

But this does not seem to resolve the issue... Is this something to do with Ubuntu (should I try a different Linux environment)?

Any recommendations would be deeply appreciated.

Joe

---
Joe J. Harrison
Senior Fellow