From: Nate Coraor [mailto:n...@bx.psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, 30 September 2011 5:39 AM
To: Matloob Khushi
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Setting http_proxy for Python

Hi Matloob,

It looks like urllib, which Galaxy uses to fetch eggs, can't use
authenticated proxies.  urllib2 would do it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34079/how-to-specify-an-authenticated
-proxy-for-a-python-http-connection

But this would require some changes to the egg handling code.  In the
meantime, you could use the egg packaging scripts on a system with an
internet connection to fetch the eggs for you.  See the instructions at:

    http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Eggs

Under "If your Galaxy server does not have Internet access"

--nate