Jean-Baptiste Denis wrote:
> Hello evyerbody,
>
> i guess this question has already been answered, but i didn't find any :/
>
> Is there a way to reload a tool file from the command line ? I'd
> like to automate the process when a user upload a new version of an
> existing tool. Am I reinventing the wheel here, is there something
> already existing for this purpose ?

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Other than creating a script which navigates the Galaxy web UI to the
Admin -> Reload a tool page, there is no way to do it besides restarting
the Galaxy server.

Greg von Kuster has recently added support to automatically install
tools from Galaxy Tool Sheds and this includes automatic tool reloading.
If you have your own means for users to upload tools, you may want to
leverage this functionality.

--nate