Lance Parsons wrote:
> Good catch, that does indeed seem to be the issue.  And it only
> seems to happen with my older data libraries.
>
> I didn't see a bug report for this, but I'd be happy to file one
> and/or take a stab at a fix if someone can point me in the right
> direction in the code.

Any community offers to debug/fix are always happily welcomed. =)

My reply to Alex:

See line 1925 in lib/galaxy/web/controllers/library_common.py.  Try
adding a bit of debugging to find out if hda.deleted == True when the
copied HistoryDatasetAssociation is created, and whether the source
LibraryDatasetDatasetAssociation is itself deleted (which should be the
only way the resulting hda could be deleted).

I'll add that a key to figuring this out is probably is determining
what's different about these older library items and the newer ones that
don't exhibit the problem (if this is also true in your environment as
it is in his).

If no answers turn up in a few days, then we can open an issue for it in
Bitbucket.

--nate