On Oct 5, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Roy Weckiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have a local galaxy instance running on mac osx connected to a mysql
> database. We are having an issue downloading files which are > 2Gb. I've read
> posts on this mailing list that mention that there is a browser limit on
> downloading files of this size, which is fine

I believe the 2GB limit is for uploading through a browser, not downloading.  I
have downloaded files larger than 2GB through a web browser from our local
Galaxy instance a number of times, although I do remember a long time ago
(around a year ago) we had similar trouble with our local instance --
unfortunately I do not remember how we resolved it.

--
Glen L. Beane
Senior Software Engineer