Hello Alessandro,

You can upload files from filesystem paths to a Galaxy data library without
copying the files into Galaxy's configured file directory.  This approach
should provide what you're looking to do.  See our wiki at
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files
for all of the details.

Greg Von Kuster

On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:45 AM, alessandro albiero wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with galaxy and I have already tried to write on ther user
> list....
> My problem concern the upload on galaxy of new files.
>
> We are setting up a galaxy istance on our server (HPC Cluster with torque and
> PBS) for internal use.
> Our problem is that we manage only NGS data (SOLiD and Illumina Data) that
> are already stored on the server.
> We tried to set up the user directory in the universe_wgsi.ini file to allow
> to any user tu upload their local files, but adding new file and re-uploading
> the dir we found duplicated files (it seems that galaxy re-upload every time
> all the files ignoring if some are already present). This method is OK for us
> but how can we avoid the file duplications ?
>
> In a presentation found on web (blankenberg_pittsburg_2001), we saw that
> there is the possibility to automatically upload the sequenced reads on
> Galaxy (and let them available to all our user). Where can we find
> information for doing this ?
>

> Thank in advance
>
> All the best
>
> Alessandro