Hello David,

An update is planned, but we can't provide an exact time-line yet. To track the issue, this bitbucket ticket can be followed:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/524/

Apologies for the delay in reply,

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team

On 8/23/11 9:10 AM, David Hoover wrote:
Is there any good reason why Galaxy can't use a more recent version of
samtools?  The only difference I can see is the mpileup command.  The algorithm
by which mpileup finds SNPs is a little different.  Does anyone know if the
file format has changed?  The only files that need to change are sam_pileup.py
and sam_pileup.xml.

David Hoover
Helix Systems Staff
http://helix.nih.gov