Dannon Baker wrote:
> Oren,
>
> I've moved this thread over to the galaxy-dev mailing list since it deals
> with a local installation.  Users on this list are more likely to have an
> answer for this type of question.
>
> That said, we don't officially support running Galaxy under Cygwin (or
> Windows at all), and I don't know of anyone running such an instance.  If you
> *do* manage to get things working on Windows, however, it'd certainly be
> useful to know what you had to go through to make it happen.  One relatively
> painless option for running galaxy under windows, and what I'd suggest, would
> be to use the virtual machine we provide at usegalaxy.org/vm.
>
> Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!
>
> -Dannon

Oren,

In addition to everything Dannon said, I'll add that the specific
problem here is that we don't pre-build Python eggs for Cygwin.  If
you're still trying to do this, I'd suggest running
scripts/fetch_eggs.py once to grab all platform-agnostic eggs, and then
scripts/scramble.py to try to build the rest.  Good luck!

--nate