Thanks Dan,
That's comforting that the GATK tools will be updated - I'm guessing that
you're already properly fixing what I was hacking. I guess I can wait for the
updated version, so it's no biggie if we fix my specific code - but I think
there's a chance the problems I was having might be an indicator of a deeper
bug in Galaxy (or it's perfectly possible that I just messed up).

Here is the whole .xml file - I was in the middle of hacking it, so I know the
ROD command line bits I messed with are incomplete. I don't think that would be
relevant, though, to the input intervals menu not showing the bed file as an
option:

Thanks again,
Alex