Hi all,
I am setting up our own galaxy instance here (or trying to). We'd like to use fastqc, but I have run into a problem implementing it. Any suggestions would be most welcome, as to what might be wrong.

1. fastqc runs fine outside of galaxy. But when I try the same file inside galaxy, I get errors.

2. I can look to the shell script generated by galaxy inside ~/galaxy-dist/database/pbs/ . When I run that python command inside the sh script, generated by galaxy, to execute fastqc -- it works fine, without errors.

Therefore, it seems as if there is some sort of permission or path problem when galaxy runs fastqc. I have fastqc in the main path, and also installed it in the "jars" directory where the fastqc tool looks for it. However, I still can't understand this, since when outside of galaxy, I can run the python command generated by galaxy successfully.

 The output/error inside galaxy is here:

uk.ac.bbsrc.babraham.FastQC.Sequence.FastQFile
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at
uk.ac.bbsrc.babraham.FastQC.Sequence.SequenceFactory.getSequenceFile(SequenceFactory.java:83)
   at
uk.ac.bbsrc.babraham.FastQC.Analysis.OfflineRunner.processFile(OfflineRunner.java:113)
   at uk.ac.bbsrc.babraham.FastQC.Analysis.OfflineRunner.(OfflineRunner.java:84)
   at
uk.ac.bbsrc.babraham.FastQC.FastQCApplication.main(FastQCApplication.java:308)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: org.itadaki.bzip2.BZip2InputStream
(unrecognized class file version)
   at java.lang.VMClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.7rh)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.7rh)
   ...4 more

Any clues/advice most appreciated!

Todd

--