Excerpts from Chorny, Ilya's message of 2011-10-20 00:08:11 +0000:

> I want to upload an experiment specific file from the workflow and bypass

Galaxy doesn't really support this mode of operation. Data upload and
tool/workflow execution are separated so that all data used by tools is
captured within immutable datasets to ensure reproducibility.

You could implement this, but unless you still create a dataset for the
uploaded file, I think it would break other things (like re-running
tools).
--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology / Computer Science, Emory University