Excerpts from Chorny, Ilya's message of 2011-10-20 15:52:03 +0000:
> I thought I would add this to the list in case anyone in the galaxy :)
> knew the answer. I get a mapping error every time I invoke  url_for.
> What variable stores the base url for the galaxy instance?

Can you provide the specific error you get from url_for? There is no
single variable that stores the app url, it is constructed from the
routing system which url_for is connected to. If you look in
form_builder.py for example you can see the use of url_for from non
template code.
--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology / Computer Science, Emory University