Galaxy Main public instance: data and job quotas
October 25, 2011

Dear Galaxy User,

Thank you very much for using our free and open public resource. Galaxy has become extremely popular and as a result many people rely on it daily for their analysis needs. Previously our service had no restrictions on usage, which is not sustainable in the long term. To continue providing our open service in a fair manner, we are now implementing quotas at the public Galaxy Main instance http://usegalaxy.org (http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu).

The Main quotas are:

Data
- 250Gb for registered users (with a Galaxy account)
- 5Gb for unregistered users

Jobs
- 8 concurrent jobs running simultaneously (all users)

For more details please see:

Galaxy Main Wiki
http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Main

Data management: accounting and disk quotas
http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Admin/Disk%20Quotas

Managing Datasets in Galaxy
http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Learn/Managing%20Datasets#Actions

For those users with current account disk usage over the quota limit, we will be implementing a step-down program over the next several weeks. Details for that program will be emailed to those users directly.

If you find that you require additional resources, please consider the alternative Galaxy options:
http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Big%20Picture/Choices

Thanks for using Galaxy!

--
The Galaxy team