On Oct 28, 2011, at 5:35 PM, James Taylor wrote:

It currently uses a tiny amount of S3 storage just to save configuration
information about your instance.

Ok.. never used AWS, actually, I didn't know S3 holds the information. I guess
I will have to read some how-to

Long term though we plan to move dataset storage over to S3 as well.

Mmm... I've just had a chat with an AWS engineer, he told me that every
operation on S3-stored data goes through a download/upload process... isn't
that a PITA for data analysis? I guess S3 is for "static"  data

EBS has limits, S3 is more durable and scalable.

Which limits (in addition to the 1 Tb size)? I know these are not
Galaxy-related questions but you are the best people I can ask :-)

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Head of Bioinformatics Core
Center for Translational Genomics and Bioinformatics
San Raffaele Scientific Institute
Via Olgettina 58
20132 Milano
Italy