Hi Jim,

You'll need to update your datatypes_conf.xml file to get custom builds +
converters to work. This file is located in the root of your galaxy directory.

If you haven't modified your datatypes_conf.xml file previously, you can just
copy datatypes_conf.xml.sample to datatypes_conf.xml If you have modifed this
file, please add the following lines to your datatypes_conf.xml:

(a)
        <converter file="fasta_to_2bit.xml" target_datatype="twobit"/>
        <converter file="fasta_to_len.xml" target_datatype="len"/>

        to the fasta definition

and

(b)

        <converter file="len_to_linecount.xml" target_datatype="linecount"/>

        to the len definition

See datatypes_conf.xml.sample for examples.

Also, you'll need to download and add the UCSC program fastaToTwoBit to your
path as well. You can find UCSC executables here:

hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~kent/exe/

Good luck,
J.