I am getting a strange error when I am uploading a file

mv: inter-device move failed: `/illumina/scratch/Swim/galaxy/tmpk2sbZl' to
`/home/galaxy/ichorny/galaxy-central/database/tmp/upload_file_data_isAnwO';
unable to remove target: Permission denied

I figured out that the mv is coming from

lib/galaxy/datatypes/sniff.py

if in_place:
        fnamemode = stat.S_IMODE( os.stat(fname).st_mode )
        os.system('mv %s %s' %(temp_name,fname))
        # Return number of lines in file.
        return ( i + 1, None )
    else:
        return ( i + 1, temp_name )

Any thoughts on what might be going on? If I comment out the move the upload
works just fine.

Thanks,

Ilya