Hello Jan,

There a several free or free-trial tools available for doing this - I've copied
a couple of links here from a google search.  I know there a some in the Galaxy
community that have done this, but I'm not sure if a certain tool may be the
best choice, or if all work well.

Converting data between PostgreSQL and others database formats ESF Database
Migration Toolkit enables you to transfer data across various databases,
supporting PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2, Informix, Microsoft
Access, Microsoft Excel, dBase, Foxpro, Firbird, SQLite etc. - by Martin
Williams

dataPro Conversion tool for PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server and
Microsoft Access. Transfer database objects between different databases and
servers, convert tables schema and migrate data from one database type to
another.

On Nov 25, 2011, at 3:51 AM, Jan Haas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a local instance running with the basic SQlite database setup running.
> Now I've changed to postgresql and all my users and histories aren't
> available.
> Is there a way of migrating the old data to the new database ?
>
> Best, Jan

> Dipl. Biol. Jan Haas
> Otto Meyerhof Zentrum/Innere Medizin III
> Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
> Im Neuenheimer Feld 350
> 69120 Heidelberg
> Germany