Hello Bernhard,

I came across your question and see that you may never have had a reply. If you have this already worked out, then great! But if not, perhaps the API wikis will be of interest:

http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Learn/API

The documentation is still in progress, but the main points are present and the examples should be helpful. The general idea is that the LIMS system should be able to communicate with Galaxy via the API.

If you have specific question about any unresolved issues around LIMS/API integration, please send a brand new question (new email, new thread, new subject) to the galaxy-dev mailing list and we will do our best to offer (quicker!) help.

Our sincere apologies for the delayed reply,

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team