Hello David,

Renaming with incremental numerical sequence (or with sequence), as you did originally with the tool "NGS: QC and manipulation -> FASTX-Toolkit for FASTQ data -> Rename sequences", is the current option.

If your or someone else following Q/A on the list develops a tool that offers a partially fixed/partially incremental numerical renaming operation, it would be nice addition to the Tool Shed.

http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Support#Public_mailing_list_Q_.26_A_discussions
http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/Mailing%20Lists

Best wishes for your project,

Jen
Galaxy team

On 9/23/11 10:05 AM, David PANG wrote:
Dear All,

I am new to Galaxy!

When I tried to manipulate mt fasta sequences from RNA-Seq, I just add
 >1, >2...........>1000000 etc!

Right now, I am trying to add libraryA to all of the sequences like
 >libraryA_1, >libraryA_2.........>libraryA_1000000. I can not figure
out how to do it on Galaxy. Could somebody help to this end.

Thanks

David
--
David PANG, Ph.D.