Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response!

I have a feeling this is something silly that I'm missing.  As a reality
check I simply created a copy of the biomart.xml tool.xml file and called
it test_me.xml.  I  changed the tool_id and GALAXY_URL in the xml file as
you'll see and added a link in my tool_config.  Selecting this tool from
the Get Data folder brings me to Biomart as expected.  When I hit "go", I
have the same issue of just being redirected to the welcome page.  The
server output is shown below.  The unchanged biomart tool continues to work
fine.

Galaxy server output:

127.0.0.1 - - [01/Dec/2011:08:08:27 -0700] "POST
/tool_runner/test_me?type=text&name=Homo%20sapiens%20genes%20(GRCh37.p5)&URL=
http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview/534024a0e03f1befd52ca87ba741b6c9?do_export=1&resultsButton=1HTTP/1.1";
302 - "
http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview/534024a0e03f1befd52ca87ba741b6c9";
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/8.0.1"

Here's my Galaxy revision info:
changeset:   6056:338ead4737ba
tag:         tip
user:        Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu>
date:        Thu Sep 29 16:45:19 2011 -0400

Thanks again,
 -James

P.S.  It's my pleasure to use Galaxy!  ;)

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Daniel Blankenberg <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Can you let us know which revision of Galaxy that you are using (hg head)
> and any log output that appears when accessing or running the tool? Also
> the list of parameters and values that are being POSTed to Galaxy and a
> copy of your tool.xml file would be useful.
>

> Thanks for using Galaxy,
>
> Dan
>

> On Dec 1, 2011, at 5:08 AM, James Ireland wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I've been attempting to return data to Galaxy via the synchronous data
> depositing protocol.  Using the Biomart, UCSC Table Browser, etc as
> examples in the data_source tools directory, I've been able to get the
> initial GET request to my site just fine.  However, when I POST back to
> galaxy I immediately get a redirect to the welcome page and Galaxy never
> resubmits back to my site.
>
> I was wondering if there is more to the protocol than is covered here:
> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Internals/Data%20Sources or perhaps
> configuration I need to perform on my local Galaxy installation to
> correctly handle the POSTs back to tool_runner?  Also, are there any code
> examples I should be looking at?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> -James
>

> --
> J Ireland
> www.5amsolutions.com | Software for Life(TM)
> m: 415 484-DATA (3282)

J Ireland
www.5amsolutions.com | Software for Life(TM)
m: 415 484-DATA (3282)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
    If the value of 'URL_method' is 'get', the request will consist of the value of 'URL' coming back in
    the initial response.  If value of 'URL_method' is 'post', any additional params coming back in the
    initial response ( in addition to 'URL' ) will be encoded and appended to URL and a post will be performed.

    TODO: Hack to get biomart to work - the 'add_to_URL' param can be eliminated when the Biomart team encodes URL prior to sending, meanwhile
    everything including and beyond the first '&' is truncated from URL.  They said they'll let us know when this is fixed at their end.
-->
<tool name="BioMart" id="test_me" tool_type="data_source" version="1.0.1">
        <description>Central server</description>
        <command interpreter="python">data_source.py $output $__app__.config.output_size_limit</command>
        <inputs action="http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview"; check_values="false" method="get" target="_top">
                <display>go to BioMart Central $GALAXY_URL</display>
                <param name="GALAXY_URL" type="baseurl" value="/tool_runner/test_me" />
    </inputs>
    <request_param_translation>
        <request_param galaxy_name="URL" remote_name="URL" missing="">
            <append_param separator="&amp;" first_separator="?" join="=">
                <value name="_export" missing="1" />
                <value name="GALAXY_URL" missing="0" />
            </append_param>
        </request_param>
        <request_param galaxy_name="data_type" remote_name="exportView_outputformat" missing="tabular" >
            <value_translation>
                <value galaxy_value="tabular" remote_value="TSV" />
            </value_translation>
        </request_param>
        <request_param galaxy_name="URL_method" remote_name="URL_method" missing="get" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="dbkey" remote_name="dbkey" missing="?" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="organism" remote_name="organism" missing="" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="table" remote_name="table" missing="" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="description" remote_name="description" missing="" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="name" remote_name="name" missing="Biomart query" />
        <request_param galaxy_name="info" remote_name="info" missing="" />
    </request_param_translation>
        <uihints minwidth="800"/>
        <outputs>
                <data name="output" format="tabular" />
        </outputs>
        <options sanitize="False" refresh="True"/>
</tool>