On 12/22/2011 11:46 AM, liram_va...@agilent.com wrote:
Hi Hans,

Thank you for your reply.
Anyway, I tried to install Galaxy again by using the site "check-out" (hg clone
https://...)  and it still cause problems.

Specifically, those were my steps:
1) I Installed galaxy in different location.
2) After run run.sh in the first time, I changed universe_wsgi.ini to listen on
different port.

It is hard to believe that your new test installation running with SQLite interferes with your existing installation running with PostgreSQL(?). Are you sure, there is not a third 'party' involved?

Also, I would stop at this step (ie: changed universe_wsgi.ini to listen on different port) and run your installation first like this. And wait with copying anything from the exiting code or data or directories. Till you manage to get the two web site to run in parallel without interfering with each other.

Regards, Hans

3) Manually, I copied "tools" and "tool-data" directories from the old instance
of Galaxy to the new location (In order to get my new tools).
4) Also, I copied the old config tool file: " tool_conf.xml"
5) Then, Run the new Galaxy instance. In parallel, the old Galaxy is already "on
line".

The problem is that any operation on the new Galaxy instance cause to the other
Galaxy to
Throw the following error message:

File
'/home/liram/sdb1/galaxy-dist/eggs/WebError-0.8a-py2.7.egg/weberror/evalexception/middleware.py',
 line 364 in respond
   app_iter = self.application(environ, detect_start_response)
File
'/home/liram/sdb1/galaxy-dist/eggs/Paste-1.6-py2.7.egg/paste/debug/prints.py',
line 98 in __call__
   environ, self.app)
File '/home/liram/sdb1/galaxy-dist/eggs/Paste-1.6-py2.7.egg/paste/wsgilib.py',
line 539 in intercept_output
   app_iter = application(environ, replacement_start_response)
.
.
.
.
File
'/home/liram/sdb1/galaxy-dist/eggs/SQLAlchemy-0.5.6_dev_r6498-py2.7.egg/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py',
 line 931 in _handle_dbapi_exception
   raise exc.DBAPIError.instance(statement, parameters, e,
connection_invalidated=is_disconnect)
OperationalError: (OperationalError) database is locked u'UPDATE galaxy_session
SET update_time=?, is_valid=? WHERE galaxy_session.id = ?' ['2011-12-22
10:27:05.978992', 0, 158]

I suppose that the problem is again caused due to collision between the
databases.
But how can I separate between them?

Thanks you!!
Liram