On Dec 15, 2011, at 4:05 PM, weihong yan wrote:

> I recently installed galaxy program on our Linux server and it is going to be
> used for analyzing high-throuput sequencing data.   I tried  to upload a
> dataset (a bed format file) from local computer to galaxy server, but no
> success.  The message of "Dataset is uploading" stays forever.  The uploaded
> dataset was shown on the /galaxy-dist/database/tmp directory, but it didn't
> get transferred to the job-working directory or files directory before it was
> deleted by the galaxy.
>
> The output of run_functional_tests shows that uploading file went
> successfully.  The paster.log file doesn't show error message about the
> uploading.
>
> Any configuration did I miss?   Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Hi Weihong,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Can you verify that the upload was not
interrupted?  Was the file in the tmp/ directory the same as the file you
uploaded?

Uploading huge files via a browser is not the most efficient way to get data
into Galaxy.  You may want to explore one of the other options in the wiki:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Upload%20via%20FTP

Note that the "Upload via FTP" method was designed for FTP but does not
actually require that you use FTP.

--nate