Hi,

in order to restrict the access of a tool to logged users
I'm trying to use Cheetah for editing the xml config file.

I was wondering if a solution like the one below should work.

Although no errors are reported while loading the tool
it does not perform the check on the email address and
anonymous users still see the tool.

Any ideas of what it's wrong with this solution?

Cheers,
I.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<tool name="RSS site" id="rss1" tool_type="data_source">
    <description>RSS site</description>

#if $__user_email__ == ""
        <display>You are not authorized to use this tool</display>
#else

<command interpreter="python">
        data_source.py $output $__app__.config.output_size_limit
</command>

    <options sanitize="False" refresh="True"/>
#end if
</tool>