Hi guys,

I am trying to setup a new galaxy for my institute. The galaxy itself runs
fine in our private network.

Now I am trying to configure the proxy so that it can be accessed publicly.

The official guide here
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Apache%20Proxy

It seems to assume both galaxy and Apache are in the same server, but this
is not the case for us. We have had a dedicated Apache server is running
for all public sites.

I still tried to follow the recommended rewrite rules, modified the path &
URL. We installed the galaxy in a NFS location which can be accessed from
Apache server.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/galaxy$ /galaxy/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/static/style/(.*)
/NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
RewriteRule
^/galaxy/static/scripts/(.*) /NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist/static/scripts/packed/$1
[L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/static/(.*) /NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist/static/$1 [L]
RewriteRule
^/galaxy/favicon.ico /NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist/static/favicon.ico [L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy/robots.txt /NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist/static/robots.txt
[L]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) http://galaxy.privatenet.org:8080$1 [P]
</IfModule>

When I tested from http://www.publicnet.org/galaxy, it gives 404 error. The
log shows that error caused by /var/www/galaxy not found.

Then I created a symlink /var/www/galaxy links to /NFS/PATH/TO/galaxy_dist this
time, the URL shows the contents of the entire galaxy_dist directory.

Will be very appreciated if anyone can point out which part went wrong.

Kind regards,
Derrick