Hi

Have you looked into using "Data Libraries", see:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Libraries

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files

you get access to the data without duplication.

Regards, Hans

On 01/17/2012 12:35 AM, Joshua Gross wrote:
Hello all--

We have set up a local version of Galaxy on our own server. On the same
computer, we have a couple ~27 GB fastq files we want to use in Galaxy,
but we have not figured out how to import them. Since they are on the
same HDD, we imagine that there is a way to simply copy them into a
folder or something.

Is there a simple way to import these files? We have been unable to
locate anything in the documentation that directly addresses this issue.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Josh Gross