On 01/24/2012 10:27 PM, Kim, Hyunsoo wrote:
Hello,

I have local instance of galaxy and wanted to modify “upload file” so
that I will be able to upload large files ( > 2GB).

The reason I am trying to do this in browser is that extra tools for FTP
do not really work in my environment because of all the constraints and
firewalls.

I came up with jQuery file upload tool
(http://blueimp.github.com/jQuery-File-Upload/), and the tool seems fine
if it is possible me to integrate into my galaxy instance.

My questions are:

-Is it too cumbersome to achieve this goal with external tools?

-how deep should I hit the galaxy (at the code level) to integrate this
jquery tool?

-Are there any alternatives to upload large files in browser without FTP?

as an alternative: have you looked into using "Data Libraries", see:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Libraries

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Data%20Libraries/Uploading%20Library%20Files

Regards, Hans

Thanks,