Dear Galaxy Developers

I wish to write set of tools for Galaxy Community; tools will use
Postgresql/MySQL database (other than the default galaxy database). Tool's
dropdown boxes will load values from the database on the fly. I had a look at
tool configuration at Galaxy WiKi and I can't seems to track the right
configuration. What's the best way to approach that?

Other solution I was thinking to open a new web app in galaxy_main iframe,
however, that seems to involve creating new controller. My aim is achieve this
by minimal modification to core code. Reference to any existing similar tool
will certainly help. Any other guidance will be appreciated (keep in mind I am
a newbie). Thanks.

Mat