On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Ryan Golhar
<ngsbioinformat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'qstat -f | grep jobname' will give you the full jobname without truncation.

Sadly not on our version of SGE - which appears to be SGE 6.2u5 - you
get a bit more information but the job name is still truncated as before.

>  Personally, I think the qstat reporting gives too little information.

I agree.

> I've written a perl script to parse the output of qstat -f to give a bit more
> information.  So truncation of jobnames for qstat shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe you're right that it is possible to interrogate SGE for the full
name, but I still think Galaxy's job names could be more informative.

Regards,