Hi Dannon,

I think he is referring to the dataset input key in the dictionary.

Thon, I think this thread could be helpful:
http://galaxy-development-list-archive.2308389.n4.nabble.com/Using-workflows-with-steps-with-several-inputs-through-the-API-td4267374.html

In summary, you want to ./display the workflow and get the keys for
the inputs, then you can use <input_hey>=hda=<dataset_id>

Hope it helps,
Carlos