Hello Tyler,

When using the public Galaxy tool shed while learning, please use the test
instance of the tool shed rather than the production instance.  I noticed that
you uploaded the filter tool from the Galaxy distribution to the main tool
shed.  The public test tool shed is available at
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/.

You can trace the paster log of your local tool shed instance typing the
following in a terminal window in your Galaxy installation directory.  This
will show you whatever problem is occurring with your local tool shed.

tail -f community_webapp.log

Thanks!

Greg Von Kuster