Yes. For example setting  "library_import_dir =
/GALAXY_PATH/database/files/import", you would do something like:
$ cd /GALAXY_PATH/database/files/import
$ ln -s /sequences/fasta/maize
$ ln -s /home/$USERNAME/blastdb_loc

After this, you will have the option of selecting from "maize" or
"blastdb_loc" directories in the "Server Directory" option when
uploading a directory of files.

Hope it helps,
Carlos