Hi Mark,

Try these changes:

<tool id="sra-trace-download" name="Download SRA data" tool_type="data_source">

and

<param name="GALAXY_URL" type="baseurl"
value="/tool_runner?tool_id=sra-trace-download"/>

Although 'GALAXY_URL' should be generated automatically if it is not included
explicitly for 'data_source' tool types.

Also, make sure that your application is including a "URL" parameter in the
post back to Galaxy. Using GET requests should also work.

Please let us know if you encounter further difficulties.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan