You first need to find where on your Galaxy server the fonts are for gnuplot.
An example is /usr/local/share/fonts/msttcorefonts.  Once you know the
directory, you can set an environment variable for your Galaxy user, like this:

  export GDFONTPATH=/usr/local/share/fonts/msttcorefonts

Place this in the .bashrc file for the Galaxy user then restart your server.

David Hoover
Helix Systems Staff, NIH