Thanks Ira,

Just so you know, the Galaxy functional test framework now supports testing
installed tools if the repository tools include tests and test datasets are
included in the repository in a test-data subdirectory.  Here is the relevant
section of the tool shed wiki describing this:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Tool%20Shed#Using_Galaxy.27s_functional_test_framework_to_test_tools_installed_into_your_local_Galaxy_instance

Greg