Hi Amanda,

> I've recently been trying to implement a local instance of the tool
> shed, and have followed the tutorials on the wiki, but when I run sh
> run_community.sh, it doesn't do anything. I have mercurial installed,
> so that shouldn't be a problem, and I've used the example
> community_wsgi.ini and run_community.sh. I can pastebin what I have if
> it would help. Thank you in advance.

Greg will probably have this fixed by the time I reply, but I had a similar
problem, which resulted from me minsunderstanding or missing what had to be
configured in the toolshed ini file. From my notes, set these vars, in a
similar manner to the main Galaxy:

- port & host: should be set to where you want the toolshed to be available from

- database_file: use this is if you want to use the sqlite3 db. I had some
problems with this, which were eventually solved by setting the path correctly
for insertion in an sqlite protocol string (e.g. /database/community.sqlite for
a relative path that puts the file in the database folder)

- file_path: again, had some problems with this, which were solved by creating
the directory for the file (e.g. <galaxy inst>/database/community_files)
explicitly

- admin_users: like the main Galaxy installation, for setting the admins

----
Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)
Bioinformatics, Health Protection Agency

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk