I have BAM files sitting in database/files that I want to automatically (ie:
not through the Upload File tool) import/display via a tool/script/process
other in the dataset pane (sorry, not sure of proper terminology, but the
History/right side pane).

How do I locate these files and display/load them via  a tool or script?  Is
there a script or particular system call, a change to data_source.py or
anything that will make them show up?

Thanks so much,
Brian