Hi, Robert.
This is a longstanding wart  - FastQC has to be invoked by a perl
script distributed by the Babraham people - called simply 'fastqc'.
To get this to work, the Galaxy FastQC wrapper expects that the FastQC
distribution archive has been unpacked to
tool-data/shared/jars/FastQC
under your local Galaxy root.

That means the fastqc perl script will be found at
tool-data/shared/jars/FastQC/fastqc
You will also need to make sure that the fastqc perl script that comes
in the FastQC distribution is executable - I think the archive is made
using windows so it needs tweaking to work under linux. Sorry this is
so specific but we haven't come up with a better way of dealing with
FastQC's specific requirements.

I hope this helps?

--
Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School;