And Greg said:

> Regarding this issue, your initial problem was regarding uploading a file to
> a repository that you successfully created, but your
> pater log does not include anything about uploading.  Can you clarify what
> the problem is?  I'll need as much context as you can
> provide.  For example, have you successfully created a new repository?  If
> so, is the problem still that you cannot upload a file
> to it?  If this is the case, can you send me the file you are attempting to
> upload?  What are the contents of your hgweb.config
> file, which is located in you Galaxy install directory?

So, to recap:

* I'm testing out using a local toolshed
* I install (via hg) a brand new Galaxy instance
* I configure and fire up the toolshed
* Create a repository
* This works fine. I go to upload a file and I get:

Module paste.exceptions.errormiddleware:144 in __call__
>>  app_iter = self.application(environ, sr_checker)
Module paste.debug.prints:106 in __call__
>>  environ, self.app)
Module paste.wsgilib:543 in intercept_output
>>  app_iter = application(environ, replacement_start_response)
Module paste.recursive:84 in __call__
>>  return self.application(environ, start_response)
Module paste.httpexceptions:633 in __call__
>>  return self.application(environ, start_response)
Module galaxy.web.framework.base:160 in __call__
>>  body = method( trans, **kwargs )
Module galaxy.web.framework:86 in decorator
>>  return func( self, trans, *args, **kwargs )
Module galaxy.webapps.community.controllers.upload:126 in upload
>>  repo.commit( user=trans.user.username, text=commit_message )
Module mercurial.localrepo:1195 in commit
>>  ret = self.commitctx(cctx, True)
Module mercurial.localrepo:1264 in commitctx
>>  p2.manifestnode(), (new, drop))
Module mercurial.manifest:147 in add
>>  arraytext = array.array('c', text)
TypeError: array item must be char

* This happens repeatedly on different files (tried with several different text
files, pdfs etc., but not with any archives/zips), or with different
repositories, and after restart.
* hgweb.config looks fine I think, showing two (non-uploadable-to) repos

[paths]
repos/agapow/gfdfd = database/community_files/000/repo_1
repos/agapow/testrepo = database/community_files/000/repo_2

* The paster log (community_webapp.log, see http://pastebin.com/ysgnHwcz),
shows the upload call failing with the "array item must be char" (lines 98, 124
and elsewhere)
* Other toolshed browsing etc functions see to work fine
* Running CentOS 4

Not sure where to look next. Any ideas?

----
Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)
Bioinformatics, Health Protection Agency

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk