Hi Edward,

We're now running BLAST+ searches on our local Galaxy via our cluster,
and some of the cluster nodes have relatively small amounts of RAM.
This means I've become more aware of limitations in the NCBI BLAST+
tools' support for using a subject FASTA file (instead of making a local
BLAST database), which turns out to be surprisingly RAM hungry.

The logical step is to allow users to build a BLAST database as a new
datatype in Galaxy - which is what you (Edward) did some time ago as
a fork, later posted to the Galaxy Tool Shed.

Edward - are you happy for me to merge your work into the main
wrappers? I mentioned idea this a couple of months ago:
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2012-February/008544.html