I needed to add a genome to the tracks in our local instance. However, the only
available genome is a multi-fasta file of about 1800 supercontigs. I preserve
the sanity of my clients I concatenated the fasta file and provided both
versions. The unfortunate part is that the contig annotation data is lost in
that conversion. I wonder if there is a way to extract the contig data as
annotation and provide it as a default track in the concatenated genome or
something like that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex