On Apr 25, 2012, at 9:22 AM, Louise-Amélie Schmitt wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm (still) having issues with running jobs as the real user on our PBS Pro
> cluster. When I try running a job, it ends up in error state     and displays
> the following error message:
>
> tou!
>  ch: cannot
>  touch `/home/galaxy/.drmaa/9167860.pbs-master2.embl.de.started': Permission
> denied
> /g/funcgen/galaxy-dev/database/pbs/galaxy_1516.sh: line 15: syntax error:
> unexpected end of file
> /var/spool/PBS/mom_priv/jobs/9167860.pbs-master2.embl.de.SC: line 1:
> /home/galaxy/.drmaa/9167860.pbs-master2.embl.de.exitcode: Permission denied
>

> I suspect this is due to some code executed as the real user (since the
> permission is denied) but then why looking at /home/galaxy instead of
> /home/realuser ?
>
> If you have any idea about what's going on, please share, I'll be forever
> grateful!

Hi L-A,

This path appears to be part of pbs-drmaa:

    http://apps.man.poznan.pl/trac/pbs-drmaa

Namely, the user_state_dir option.  You may need to write out a pbs_drmaa.conf
for each job or user and then set $PBS_DRMAA_CONF to point to that user's
config file before initializing the session in scripts/drmaa_external_runner.py

You may also be able to get away with making the user_state_dir world writable,
although this comes with security implications.

--nate