Thanks Dannon.

I was actually in a hurry so I poke around and found what I think is
the right place to tie this in.

In function "get_api_value" in "lib/galaxy/model/__init__.py" line 1159:
        rval = dict( id = hda.id,
                     model_class = self.__class__.__name__,
                     name = hda.name,
                     deleted = hda.deleted,
                     visible = hda.visible,
                     state = hda.state,
+                     file_name = hda.file_name,
                     file_size = int( hda.get_size() ),
                     data_type = hda.ext,
                     genome_build = hda.dbkey,
                     misc_info = hda.info,
                     misc_blurb = hda.blurb )

Would it be helpful if I submit a pull request for this? Cause I was
wondering if for changes so simple as this one, a pull request from a
third party introduces more overhead than help.